Friday, October 7, 2011

Latch, Lock and Lose


The merchant of fate, the trader of life,
Offered me a drop of honey someday.
The honey was sweet and I told him,
“I’m blessed to have such sweet honey”.

The merchant made me an offer.
Hard to resist was it.
He said I’d get a drop of the honey everyday
But, that’d be for a favor.

The merchant took me to a mansion.
The honey was housed in it.
It was a mansion of infinite honey,
My life’d be too short to consume it.

My job was now to be a lock.
A lock on the doors of honey mansion.
The return was a drop a day.
Given that I was guarding infinite every day.

I latched onto my job well.
I was happy with my reward,
Until the god of greed came to me.
He made me an offer; I had no chance to resist.
Greed god told me, I could be with
The queen of honey, the source of infinite honey.
I jumped onto the offer,
But he asked me for a favor.

The favor was to unlatch, to unlock
I had to betray the fortress, I had to steal the honey.
But the Greed got me and the queen left me.
Fool was I to not realize
That fate was the master of enterprise.
Greed was a test of character,
And I had to be the loser.

Fate made an offer, to latch, to lock.
Greed made an offer, to unlatch, to unlock.
I made a choice to have a drop every day,
Now I lose a chance to see my queen every single day.
The fate and his agent greed,
Had my test of life and the result
Was etched on my forehead,
“Latch, Lock and Lose”.

2 comments: